How to tell if an e-mail is genuine or a phishing email?
1. Check for disguised or incorrect links in the email
2. Inspect the email header information to verify whether the sender’s address is legitimate
3. Check if the email is from a company or person you don’t recognise. If the email is coming from someone you regularly communication with, compare the new message against older ones.
4. Does the display name look the same for all emails? Is the email signature the same?
5. Look for deceptive domains and spellings in email addresses
6. Watch out for uncommon uses of the email Bcc field
7. Don’t ignore unusual spelling and grammatical errors
8. Ask yourself whether the language seems fishy, pushy, or urgent
9. Ask yourself if email attachments are unsolicited or unexpected